What did you think of the Met HD Broadcast of SATYAGRAHA?

Did you attend the Met: Live in HD showing of Philip Glass' Satyagraha?  If so, we'd love to hear what you thought about the production.  Write a review or comment on someone else's review.

We read your posts with great interest and appreciation.  You won't see us comment on your reviews because this is your space to speak your mind and connect with other patrons.  Know that we are listening.  We value your feedback and always take your comments into consideration.  Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Comments:

I found the music monotonous:

I found the music monotonous: Glass does not develop his themes. To add some interest to the "story", there are endless repetitious or super-fancy "happenings" on scene that do not add interest to the music (How many people must burn their registration cards to make the point?). I think this music would be good for meditation. This is the second opera by Glass that I do not like. Opera is written so people can sing the arias in the shower or on the street (see Verdi for ex.), in other words so there is melody and passion, and it all becomes part of ones musical treasure somewhere in our heads. Sorry!