What did you think of POSTCARD FROM MOROCCO?

Now that you've seen our company premiere of Dominick Argento's POSTCARD FROM MOROCCO, tell us what you think! You can also see what people are saying on Facebook and Twitter.

Haven't seen it yet? Purchase tickets online, or call our Box Office at 503-241-1802 (M-F, 9-5).

We read your posts with great interest and appreciation. You won't see comments from us because this is your space to speak your mind and connect with other patrons. Know that we are listening. We value your feedback and always take your comments into consideration. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us - just scroll to the bottom to add your comment!

Comments:

We saw Postcard last Saturday

We saw Postcard last Saturday night, the 30th,and really enjoyed it. But, I don't know why.

Meh. I've performed Argento

Meh. I've performed Argento song cycles & liked them very much, but this is an opera in search of a style and maybe in search of a plot. I feel like there was a real bait & switch with advertising A Midsummer Night's Dream and then changing operas after we'd already paid for our season tickets.

Thought-provoking and

Thought-provoking and emotionally intense.

My husband and I attended "Postcard" on Thursday night. Have never been to an opera at the Newmark Theatre before -- wonderful, intimate venue--felt much more connection to the performance. We had never seen Postcard before, or much contemporary opera, but we loved it. We were so impressed by the vocal performances; the musical intervals required of the singers demonstrated an incredible level of skill and talent. The scaled-down orchestra was exactly the right accompaniment to the singers. The emotional power of the "story" --our interpretation centered on personal vulnerability and "baggage"--was well conveyed and thought-provoking. We talked about it for the rest of the evening.

While I don't know that I would ever desire a steady stream of contemporary opera, I liked experiencing something that was new, very different, and took us out of our traditional expectations and comfort zone. This one-act, 90-minute opera was perfect. It made me feel a little more intellectually and emotionally charged after experiencing it. Well done Portland Opera!

Sad. Expensive. Poor. Waste

Sad. Expensive. Poor. Waste of my time & money.

I wish I had been contacted by the sales group AFTER I had seen this pathetic & weird 'performance'; my choice for next year may have been different.

If I had wanted to see schlock like this, I'd ask for Philip Bailey back and more operas from Philip Glass.
This show is a travesty.
I am HIGHLY disappointed, and so were my surrounding neighbors.