- Resident Artists
|Date Posted:||August 6, 2014|
|Application Deadline:||Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 26, 2014|
Portland Opera Costume Shop seeks capable, dedicated and enthusiastic interns interested in practical "hands-on" experience:
1 Intern: October - December 2014
2 Interns: January - April 2015
2 Interns: April - July 2015
Applications to be considered for internships must be received no later than Friday, September 26, 2014.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Machine sewing (domestic and industrial) as well as hand stitching
- Detail oriented, organized, punctual
- Willingness to learn and ability to actively listen
- Commitment to a project from start to finish - with a positive attitude
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting full-time staff with fabric prep, alterations, costume construction, and maintenance
- Participation in daily shop duties - including cleaning and organizing
- Minimum of 90 hours with the option to stay longer through the season, if desired
Perks of Being an Intern:
- Comp tickets to student dress rehearsal
- Opportunity to shadow costume professionals backstage during rehearsals
- See your work on stage!
Please Note: This internship is UNPAID and meant to enhance your technical costuming abilities - This is NOT a design opportunity.
To be considered for an internship position, applicants are asked to submit the following:
- A cover letter stating his/her specific interests, available dates and level of commitment (e.g. full-time, 15 hours weekly)
- Current resume
- At least two letters of academic or professional reference
SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
ATTN: FRANCES BRITT
211 SE CARUTHERS ST
PORTLAND, OR 97214
VISIT US ON THE WEB:
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SHOP
Download a .pdf of this job description here.
|Status:||Fulltime Regular Exempt|
|Reports to:||Director of Sales and Customer Service (DSCS)|
|Direct Reports:||Patron Services Representatives|
12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
|Application Deadline:||Friday, August 29, 2014|
Portland Opera is seeking a qualified individual who can help grow our telephone sales and fundraising efforts. The Sales Manager (SM) provides oversight and management of the sales team and their activities. The SM reports directly to the Director of Sales and Customer Service (DSCS).
The Sales Managers essential duties include, but are not limited to:
· Develops and maintains sales policies, procedures and strategies as directed by the Director of Sales and Customer Service
· Supervises all part-time Patron Services Representatives during their work shift
· Oversees the distribution of patron contact information (leads); proofs all ticketing and contribution orders received though the Sales office for accuracy
· Proofs all ticketing and contribution orders received through the Sales Office for accuracy.
· Oversees database maintenance operations to ensure up-to-date and accurate contact information
· Proofs performance, attendance, and payroll documents
· Assists the DSCA with the screening, hiring and training of new Patron Services Representatives
· Working knowledge of Portland Opera’s employee policies and ability to implement relevant policies and procedures is required
The Sales Manager position requires a self-directed individual with demonstrated sales and problem-solving skills. Direct experience in managing sales and customer service programs is preferred, although other related experience and skills will be considered. Strong communication skills are required to perform the wide range of essential duties. Ability to develop and maintain sales policies and procedures is a must. The SM must possess strong supervisory skills and a working knowledge of labor management. A solid working knowledge of database maintenance, data integrity, and reporting are also required. Experience working in the Ticketmaster Archtics environment- or similar integrated ticketing system - and an understanding of performing arts organization operations are very helpful.
Compensation is commensurate with experience; full benefit package provided.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete job description available at www.portlandopera.org/employment Please no phone calls.
Download a .pdf of this job description here.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Portland Opera exists to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences
by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.