What operas would you like to see produced in upcoming seasons?

Have an opera you'd like to enjoy? Let us know what it is and why you'd like to see it produced.

Comments:

It would be wonderful to have

It would be wonderful to have an evening of Offenbach operettas. I recommend Orphee aux Enfers (Orpheus in the Underworld) and Les Brigands (the Bandits.) Both operettas are chock full of catchy, fun, and lovely arias and lots of humor, hijinks, and adventure on stage.

HMS Pinafore

HMS Pinafore

La Boheme...and my husband's

La Boheme...and my husband's fav, that he translated from Italian to Greek...Aida.

Florentia of the Amazon.

Florentia of the Amazon.

I would love to see a

I would love to see a performance of Donizetti's "la Favorite" or "la Favorita." Both the French and Italian versions are beautiful, and there is sublime music for the mezzo ("O mio Ferrando") and for the tenor ("Spirto gentil"). I think it would be a big draw because it's a famous composer, yet it's an opera that's not done often and most people have not seen it. Portland Opera hasn't produced this in many years, and it's time for a reprise.

La Fille du Regiment - great

La Fille du Regiment - great fun, great music, requires great voices.

The Magic Flute, particularly

The Magic Flute, particularly the Julie Taymor production!

Since I love the Bel Canto

Since I love the Bel Canto repertoire so much, how 'bout: Bellini's "Norma", as well as "I Puritani"; Donizetti's "Lucia di Lammermoor", as well as "Anna Bolena"; Rossini's "Semiramide", as well as "Tancredi". Also, anything by some of my favorite composers: Mozart, Verdi, Puccini, R. Strauss, and Handel.

i'd love to see ANNA BOLENA,

i'd love to see ANNA BOLENA, NORMA or MARIA STUARDA!!

Lady Bumtickler's Revels

Lady Bumtickler's Revels

Maria de Buenos Aires-a tango

Maria de Buenos Aires-a tango opera i saw in Houston. Would be awesome in the Newmark.

Some Strauss would be

Some Strauss would be great-Salome, Elektra or Der Rosenkavelier. Don Giovanni is wonderful. Peter Grimes would be incredible. I know these are all expensive, though...

"Don Giovanni" is always a

"Don Giovanni" is always a great opera to watch :-) . I also think Portland would enjoy a viewing of "Die Frau Ohne Schatten", which covers a topic of relatively high relevance in these times.

Please include THE DIALOG OF

Please include THE DIALOG OF THE CARMELITES in the near future.
Thank you