What opera from our 2012/13 Season are you most excited to see?

Which opera is at the top of your must-see list?  Is it DON GIOVANNI, TOSCA, RINALDO or FALSTAFF?  Or are you most excited for the return of Portland Opera's BIG NIGHT concert?  Tell us which one is your favorite, and why.

We read your posts with great interest and appreciation.  You won't see comments from us because this is your space to speak your mind and connect with other patrons.  Know that we are listening.  We value your feedback and always take your comments into consideration.  Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Comments:

Honestly, having just moved

Honestly, having just moved to Portland very excited to hear them regularly because of their recording of Glass' Orphee, I'm finding this program to be very standard, boring even. I was hoping for at least one unusual or new opera. I suppose I'll see don Giovanni because I haven't yet and it's my favorite on the list, but after this gesture I'll wait until a slightly more adventurous program appears.

We are looking forward to Don

We are looking forward to Don Giovanni. Just saw the Met production on OPB. If this is as good as Madama Butterfly, we will be happy indeed. We are also going to Falstaff, a first for both of us.

I am really looking forward

I am really looking forward to Tosca! Although I've heard numerous studio recordings of this opera, I have yet to see it on the stage. Rinaldo is a close second for me, especially at the Newmark Theater.