Have you seen DON GIOVANNI before?

One of the great things about a masterpiece like DON GIOVANNI is that it offers so much room for interpretation, and so much to explore.  Tell us about your experience with the opera.  Have you seen multiple productions?  Did you discover something new each time?  What productions did you love?  What interpretations worked the best?

We read your posts with great interest and appreciation.  You won't see comments from us because this is your space to speak your mind and connect with other patrons.  Know that we are listening.  We value your feedback and always take your comments into consideration.  Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Comments:

The Sunday matinee was my

The Sunday matinee was my first time to attend Don Giovanni. I am 77 years old and love opera. When I heard about the unorthodox treatment of Mozart,s opera I was worried about the possible trash that was being offered. I didn't read the comments until Sunday morning and it was too late to trade my tickets for another opera later in the season. Rather than miss out completely I attended hoping to at least enjoy the music if not the staging, and on my drive to the Keller I was wondering where the grownups were when this was planned and executed. The opera began and I was mesmerized through out the entire performance and was on my feet to applaud at the end. Some of the choreography was distracting, the crawling and dragging for example but, for the most part I was transported to another place for those hours of beautiful music and entertainment. I am uncomfortable with explicit sex in movies and theater and some of the scenes were certainly on the edge but, I understand that was part of Don Giovanni's persona. It was sometimes difficult to hear the singers and I thought it was my hearing but, others have expressed the same. In the end I loved the music and the staging, and it is good to have had that experience. The cast deserves praise for enduring the potential humiliation of this production but, they pulled it off and were rewarded Sunday afternoon with our heartfelt applause. Don't misunderstand me Mr. Alden, once is enough!

Gus

The Sunday matinee was my

The Sunday matinee was my first time to attend Don Giovanni. I am 77 years old and love opera. When I heard about the unorthodox treatment of Mozart,s opera I was worried about the possible trash that was being offered. I didn't read the comments until Sunday morning and it was too late to trade my tickets for another opera later in the season. Rather than miss out completely I attended hoping to at least enjoy the music if not the staging, and on my drive to the Keller I was wondering where the grownups were when this was planned and executed. The opera began and I was mesmerized through out the entire performance and was on my feet to applaud at the end. Some of the choreography was distracting, the crawling and dragging for example but, for the most part I was transported to another place for those hours of beautiful music and entertainment. I am uncomfortable with explicit sex in movies and theater and some of the scenes were certainly on the edge but, I understand that was part of Don Giovanni's persona. It was sometimes difficult to hear the singers and I thought it was my hearing but, others have expressed the same. In the end I loved the music and the staging, and it is good to have had that experience. The cast deserves praise for enduring the potential humiliation of this production but, they pulled it off and were rewarded Sunday afternoon with our heartfelt applause. Don't misunderstand me Mr. Alden, once is enough!

Gus